Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 replaced the CDM 2007 Regulations on the 6th April 2015 with revised duty holder responsibilities and placed enhanced responsibilities on Clients. Rawlings Safety & Training Services, acting as Client Support/ Principal Designer or Principal Designer Support, can offer a support service that assists Clients and designers/architects comply with their legal responsibilities.
As CDM Consultants acting for Clients we can implement delegated duties such as notification of a project, collation and issue of pre-construction information, advice on missing information, review and comment on the Principal Contractor’s construction phase plan and welfare arrangements.
Working with the Principal Designer we can ensure that Designers are complying with their obligations under CDM 2015 and implement audit procedures to ensure that both the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor are also complying.
For construction sites where it is anticipated that there will be more than one contractor, Clients have a responsibility to appoint a Principal Designer and a Principal Contractor.
The Principal Designer’s role is to plan, manage and monitor the co-ordination of health and safety in the pre-construction design phase of the project (overlapping with construction).
As the appointed Principal Designer’s we shall assist the Client with the project set up, identify, obtain and collate pre-construction information and distribute, advise on missing information, co-ordinate health and safety, ensure designers comply with their duties, liaise with the Principal Contractor, prepare the health and safety file or pass responsibility to the Principal Contractor and comply with core designer obligations.
The Principal Designer should have the necessary designer skills, knowledge and experience to carry out this role in a way that secures health and safety. Rawlings Safety & Training Services meet Principal Designer core requirements.
Accredited Principal Designer
Principal Designer Support
In addition, when required, Rawlings Safety & Training Services Principal Designer Support can act as sub-consultants to Principal Designers.
Please contact us should you wish further information on how Rawlings Safety & Training Services can implement the role of Principal Designer or Client Support and Principal Designer support, if you seek detailed advice on the Client role or if you simply wish further background information on the regulations.
Principal Contractor Support CDM 2015
Our CDM 2015 Advisor can assist the Principal Contractor/Contractors with their duties under CDM 2015 for both commercial and domestic projects:-
- Assist Principal Contractor/Contractors on fulfilling the Client’s duties on domestic projects
- Assist with preparation/or prepare on the Contractor’s behalf, the Construction Phase Plan
- Assist with preparation/or prepare on the Contractor’s behalf a site induction
- Provide guidance on suitable welfare facilities
- Provide guidance on additional pre-construction information required from Clients
- Assist with collation & Completion of Health and Safety File
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Principal Contractor with their duties to plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate work during Pre-Construction and Construction Phase
- Assist Principal Contractor to ensure that:
- Individuals appointed have the necessary skills, knowledge and experience and
- Companies have the organisational capability to work in a way that secures health & safety
- Assist Principal Contractor to ensure co-operation between contractors so that risk is managed effectively
- Establish whether training is necessary
- Active Monitoring – Carry out Site Safety Inspections, including routine checks of site access, work areas, plant, equipment and health risk management
- Reactive Assistance – Assist with investigation of ‘near-miss’ incidents and injuries, monitor cases of ill health
Our team of CDM safety experts will ensure you meet all your legal obligations with minimum fuss and disruption to your construction projects.